Breast AugmentationMost of us look in the mirror and find something we want to change about our appearance. For many women, it is our breasts. We want them larger, perkier, symmetrical or firmer. Dr. Helena Guarda uses the latest cosmetic breast augmentation surgery techniques to help your figure fit your unique personality and lifestyle. Whether you’re into yoga or running, taking control of the “C suite,” managing a family or simply want your clothes to fit better. Dr. Guarda and her professional staff at Plastic Surgery Specialists of Virginia will help you determine the ideal breast size to fit your image and daily life.
To learn more about breast augmentation cost and procedures
Breast augmentation (also called breast enhancement) is used to enlarge or reshape your breasts. Dr. Guarda surgically places breast implants to:
- Increase breast fullness and projection, and / or
- Improve symmetry.
Who usually chooses breast augmentation surgery?Women of any age can benefit from breast augmentation to enhance small breast size or restore fullness. Dr. Guarda recommends that breasts be fully developed before breast enhancement. As a result, the procedure is ideal for women in their childbearing years, since it does not typically interfere with the ability to breastfeed. Breast enhancement / augmentation is most often used to:
- Enlarge naturally small breasts, commonly the result of heredity
- Restore breast volume lost after pregnancy, as a result of breastfeeding or weight loss
- Achieve better symmetry when breasts are moderately disproportionate in size and shape.[hr]
How do I know if Breast Augmentation might be right for me?Breast augmentation is a highly individualized procedure that affects your daily life. The most important key to determining if it is right for you is your personal motivation. It is therefore important that it is your choice to fulfill your own desire for enhanced breast size, not the desire of others. Call 757-483-6550 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Guarda to learn how breast augmentation can enhance your appearance.
What should I expect at the consultation?At your first consultation with Dr. Guarda, she will evaluate you and learn what you want to achieve with your breast augmentation. She will share options that will help get the outcome you’re looking for and recommend a course of treatment to meet your goals. Dr. Guarda will answer all your questions in a pressure-free environment; so, you may want to write down your questions and bring them with you to the appointment. Be prepared to discuss your:
- Health history
- Medications (over the counter and prescription)
- Family history of breast cancer and your personal breast health
- Honest expectations from your procedure
Is the procedure safe?As with any surgery, there are risks. However, there are steps you can take to help assure your safety:
- Choose a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. Have your breast surgery performed at an accredited surgical facility, either office-based or at an ambulatory facility
- Select implants made of medical grade, biocompatible, textured or smooth silicone shells filled with sterile saline solution. Implants may be pre-filled or slowly filled at the time of surgery through a safe-sealing valve. As new technology is developed, there may be additional options that Dr. Guarda can discuss with you
- Follow your pre-op and post-op instructions
- Remember, breast augmentation requires maintenance, including regular examinations to check your breast health and implant condition. Over time, your breasts may change due to aging, weight fluctuations, hormonal factors and gravity. This is normal